Plain glass votives are a great entertaining staple to have on hand. That being said, they can get a little boring. Here are a few great tutorials to take your votives from plain jane to party superstar!
Use one of these great tutorials to permanently dress up your votives. These are not reversible so use them if you are planning on using your votives once or don't mind upgrading your votives for good.
These tutorials are great because they are only temporary! Dress up your votives for the party then strip them down and put them back in the closet until your next event.
Don't have an entire afternoon to devote to decorating your votives? Not many people do! Have no fear...here are a few other super simple and quick ways to add a little pizzazz to your votives.
· Look for some fun colored candles to change things up a bit.
· You can also fill your votives with a variety of things to change their look. Coffee beans, marbles, rocks, are just a few of the options.
· Buy some ribbon that matches the rest of the decor and simply wrap around the votive.
· Stickers! Sounds corny but there are some gorgeous stickers available these days. Check the scrapbooking section of your local craft store.
· Grab a few of your favorite fake flowers and remove them from the stem. Attach them to your votives with a little raffia.
· Add water and a few drops of food coloring then place floating candles in the votives.
· Cupcake liners! There are so many to choose from that you are sure to find something that will work with your table. Simply place the votive inside the liner for a dash of color.
· Raid your jewelry box and find a couple bracelets that will fit around the votives. If you don't have any on hand, pick up a few stretchy bands from a local department store.