Tex-Mex Pinto Bean Spread
1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice $
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded
1/2 cup chopped plum tomato $
1 tablespoon pumpkinseeds, toasted
- Place first 6 ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth. Place bean mixture in a bowl. Stir in chopped tomato, and sprinkle with pumpkinseeds.
Sliders with Shallot-Dijon Relish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper $
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- Cooking spray $
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce $
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard $
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened $
- 8 (1-ounce) Parker House rolls
- 16 dill pickle chips $
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and sirloin. Divide meat mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/4-inch-thick patty. Lightly coat both sides of patties with cooking spray. Place patties on grill rack; grill for 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Combine shallots, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and butter in a small bowl, stirring well. Cut rolls in half horizontally. Spread shallot mixture evenly over cut sides of rolls. Layer 1 patty and 2 pickle chips on bottom half of each roll; top with top halves of rolls.
Spicy Maple Cashew Popcorn
- 1 tablespoon canola oil $
- 1/4 cup unpopped popcorn kernels (about 6 cups popped) $
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted cashews $
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter $
- 1/2 teaspoon salt $
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Heat canola oil in a medium heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. While saucepan heats, line a jelly-roll pan with parchment paper; set prepared pan aside. Add popcorn to oil in saucepan; cover and cook 2 minutes or until kernels begin to pop, shaking pan frequently. Continue cooking 2 minutes, shaking pan constantly. When popping slows down, remove pan from heat. Let stand 1 minute or until all popping stops. Stir in cashews.
- Combine sugar and remaining ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool 1 minute.
- Pour hot syrup mixture over popcorn mixture; toss well to coat. Immediately spread popcorn mixture out onto prepared jelly-roll pan. Cool 3 minutes.
All photos and recipes via CookingLight.com