Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Turn Your Old Shirts into New Placemats!

Via TheNateShow.com

Nate Berkus, oh how I love thee! I discovered the Nate Berkus show when I started working from home and it didn't take long before I was head over heels in love! The show is full of great ideas for everything from decorating to entertaining. One recent episode featured Danny Seo who just wrote a book called "Upcycling: Create Beautiful Things with the Stuff you Already Have". This book is now on my wish list! Anywho...one of the ideas that he talked about on the show was how to turn your old shirts into great new placemats! Here's how it's done....

Oxford Shirt Placemats
Turn old oxfords and button down shirts into placemats. First iron them and then cut the back into squares and take to a copy shop and have them laminate, or make them into cloth napkins by cutting into uniform pieces, about 12 inches square. Leave edges frayed or sew a hem for a cleaner look.
From The Nate Show

Time to go shop my closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment