Monday, July 18, 2011

Party Ready Pantry: Chickpeas

Image via BigOven.com
 Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans, whatever you choose to call them, are delicious and nutritious! I didn't discover these little gems until I was a bit older but boy am I glad that I did. They are a very common ingredient in both Indian and Mediterranean cuisine and they are extremely versatile. From snacks, to soups, to salads, this buttery bean packs a flavorful punch. Apparently you can buy dry or fresh chickpeas in some areas but I have only ever seen the canned variety at my local supermarket. These already cooked chickpeas can easily be converted to very tasty dishes that would be great at any party. If you aren't sure you will like chickpeas, try hummus first. It is a great dish to get to know these beans. Here are some other wonderful recipes that feature this week's Party Ready Pantry item.


Image via New York Times


( I love this recipe because it gives you several different ideas to mix it up)

Image via BonAppetit.com


(great little starter app)
Image via Allrecipes.com


Image via FoodNetwork.com

Image via Epicurious.com

Go ahead and indulge in this week's item! It is full of healthy antioxidants, protein,  and fiber. Snack away!


No comments:

Post a Comment