Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DIY Inspiration: Metal Pegboard Centerpiece



I had another "now why didn't I think of that" moment when I saw this amazing colorful photo shoot on Style Me Pretty. The table was designed by In the Now Weddings & Events and I have to say it is one of the most clever ideas I've seen in a bit. I don't think I have ever seen metal pegboard before but I will certainly be keeping my eye out for it now! It creates such a wonderful modern backdrop for the delicate flowers. And not to mention it's pretty darn simple. Just add some "legs" to the pegboard and insert flowers! You can even take this display vertical and create a stunning wall of flowers. Add string lights behind the panels for an even more dramatic effect. Want to add a little more color?? Grab a can of spray paint and go to town!




The genius didn't stop there...oh no, check out the utensils. What a great way to add some color to the place setting! Who knew Plasti-Dip could be so fashionable. I have to admit I had seen this stuff before but had NO idea you could create your own colors! They even sell a Create Your Own Color Kit. The possibilities are endless. Guess I'm going to have to put the local hardware store on my list of places to visit for decorating inspiration!



All photos by Jasmine Star via Syle Me Pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment