Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tasty Beverage: Honest CocoaNova


It's tea, it's coffee, it's chocolate....it's Honest CocoaNova! The temperature finally reached the tolerable level this morning so I decided to take my baby for a little walk. I stopped by the local corner market to grab some water for the walk back and something caught my attention in the beverage case.  A short little bottle with the word "cocoa" on it. Now, if you know me, I have a natural attraction to anything that has to do with chocolate. This drink looked too good to be true. A chilled, tea like beverage made from brewing cocoa beans. Yes please! It was delicious! It almost tasted like an iced coffee but with a richer more chocolately flavor. There are only 50 calories a bottle and it has the some of the same health benefits of dark chocolate so don't feel guilty about indulging. They also have two other flavors that sound equally delicious...cherry, and mint. I've heard the mint one tastes like york peppermint patties. Mmmmm. I will definitely be on the hunt for that one!
Next time I buy a bottle, I might even try mixing it with a little cream and some rum. Sounds like a tasty combo for a refreshing cocktail!  
Photo via Honest Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment